Terms and Conditions for Buyers
The terms upon which Fiona Penny Bespoke Home Finders shall act on behalf of our clients.
Terms and Conditions for Buyers
Our terms and conditions
The terms upon which Fiona Penny Bespoke Home Finders shall act will be as follows:
- I note that you wish me to find a X property comprising approximately x bedrooms and x receptions rooms within the x area, up to a maximum purchase price of £XXX,000.00.
- You wish me to inform you of any such properties, which become available to my knowledge during the next 16 weeks, or until such earlier date as you notify me your requirements have changed.
- As part of my service and included within the success fee (see below), I am delighted to offer you the choice of accompanied viewings in addition to any initial inspection I may have undertaken to assess the potential suitability of the property.
- [You also wish for me to negotiate the purchase price of the property, introduced to you by me.]/[You do not wish for me to negotiate the purchase price of the property, introduced to you by me.] Please note that negotiation of the property purchase price is also a service offered, included in the success fee.
- I shall be your sole search agent and accordingly you will not during the period you instruct me instruct another person or organisation to search for properties on your behalf.
- I am unable to offer advice as regards the value, structure or condition of any property, with regards to any legal or planning issues affecting the property or in terms of your financing of it. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself with regard to these matters, taking professional advice as appropriate. I am happy to suggest the services of local solicitors, surveyors, financial advisers and other local professional services, though naturally am not responsible for the service they provide. For peace of mind I recommend that you take care to ensure that the services you receive from others in connection with your property purchase are properly documented and agreed from the outset.
- An initial non-refundable registration fee of £700.00 is payable. If a suitable property cannot be found within the initial 16 week period, I shall be happy to extend the search period by up to 16 weeks, though may require a further non-refundable fee of up to £700 in order to continue searches on your behalf. The registration fee and any additional fee are deductible from the success fee. My success fee will be payable in the event that I introduce you to a property (including if I follow up leads you may have identified for me) in respect of which you (or someone connected with you) enter into a legally binding agreement to acquire an interest in it i.e., an exchange of contracts. The success fee will be payable even if exchange of contracts occurs after the 16 week period (or any extension to this).
- The success fee will be calculated as a % of the agreed purchase price, as follows:
Purchase price (inclusive of fittings and fixtures) £500,000 to £750,000 £750,000 to £1,000,000 Excess £1,000,000 Success fee 1% 1.5% 1.75%
- V.A.T. (20%) is applicable on above fees.
- Payment is due upon receipt of my bill. If I hold money on your behalf (for example, the registration fee) I reserve the right to apply such monies to payment of my invoice and will notify you in writing that I am doing so. I will charge you interest on the bill at 8% per year, from the date of the bill if it is not settled in full within 14 days. Interest will be charged on a daily basis.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR. Your data will be kept secure and will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it, namely in connection with the property search activities I shall be undertaking for you. I shall not disclose your personal data to any third party, unless I am required to do so by law, or with your prior written permission, for example where you agree that your name and contact details, or other information about you, can be disclosed to the seller(s) of a property and/or to their agents or where you ask that I put you in touch with solicitors, surveyors, financial advisers, removal firms and others who can assist with the transaction. At any time you can ask for your personal data to be deleted, otherwise I will normally retain your personal data for up to 6 years after any transaction completes. Do please keep me advised of any change in your circumstances, in particular if your contact details alter. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of how your personal data has been handled by me.
What People Say About Us
If you are considering using a home finder and would like to send us a brief descrption of what you are looking for, please use the form on our contacts page. We will then contact you to discuss your property search and how we can be of assistance.Get in touch